Africa CDC in partnership with Africa Health Business (AHB), PATH and many other pan-African and global stakeholders have been working on launching the Africa Digital Health Networks. ADHN is being conceived as the umbrella organization for digital health communities of practice and experts. Its members include:
- Technical communities of practice (e.g., DHIS2, HIE, telemedicine)
- National e-health agencies, associations and working groups.
- HealthTech startups, investors, and vendors.
- Development partners, non-for-profit and civil society organizations that invest, use and promote digital health solutions.
- Healthcare providers that use digital health solutions
- Academia and research institutions who work advance digital health.
ADHNs has the following objectives, among others:
- Strengthen the digital health capacity of 100,000 frontline health workers by 2030
- Accelerate the adoption of digital health technologies such as mobile health apps, telemedicine, connected diagnostics, electronic health records, etc.
- Promote digital public infrastructure approaches and open standards to advance interoperability for person-centered care and data use for decision making.
- Create convenings, trainings and knowledge-sharing platforms to strength the capacity of communities of practice and members.
- Advocate for policies that accelerate digital health maturity in Member States
- Identify, support and promote technology adoption initiatives that advance Africa’s health security and improve health outcomes.
By bringing these stakeholders together under one network, ADHN seeks to improve coordination, donor alignment, sharing of best practices, advocating for digital health investments, and enable partnerships that can help scale digital health adoption. During the Africa Health Tech Summit in Kigali 17-19 October 2023, a final consultation will be held in view of the launch of the Network.
The session will take place on October 19, 9:00 – 10:30 at the Kigali Convention Centre in MH4 Room. Would you like to a be founding member of this groundbreaking initiative? We invite you submit your expression of interest by registering on this site through the Join Us button today. For more information, feel free to contact Dr Admore Jokwira, AHTS Fellow, at email@example.com